- Think about large and small groups, how does it change the energy, tone, dynamics and focus? For example, how does the "1 2 3 4" music video feel different from the "brave" video?
Take a look at the moving images below and think about the mechanisms of the video (color, costume, choreography, editing, shots).
VIDEO #1 with Janet Jackson
- Many cameras moving and shooting bars, railings, and different dancers in different sections
- Dancing in UNISON (performing the same movements at the same time)
- Color scheme is dark, black & white, smoky (*We can choose between sepia, black & white BUT think about why we would change it? how does it change the feel?*)
- Dancers are all dressed the same way
VIDEO #2 with Meghan Trainor
- Playful and bright colors
- Explains a strong message: It doesn't matter what you look like, you should feel proud of what you look like.
- Included props: toys like barbies
- Repetition with slight differences: THEME & VARIATION
- Does the choreography ever continue when there's a different cut?
- If you have one video with a continuous shot (example: 1234 video), the challenge you face is choreographing and shooting it perfectly.
- If you have many cuts on continuous long takes, you have to think like an editor and a choreographer at the same time.
- Dancers have to be tightly choreographed and consistent. They have to shoot many times to get all different angles.