October 2, 2017
Thank you to all families who were able to attend curriculum night. So many families attended K-8. If you were unable to make it, contact Caren, our parent coordinator so she can share handouts that were shared.
Thank you to all who attended a special kindergarten Chat with Claire!
It was an open forum for families to share questions and concerns.
Please take the time to review our family handbook. It has so much helpful information and reading it will answer many questions.
We discussed our curriculum, partnerships are our student centeredness-progressive approach to education. Please take a moment and go to our website, www.ps333.orgwhere our mission, philosophies and curriculum are explained.
Recess is at the end of the day.
· The reasons are we are co located with two other schools and we share space and it makes for an easier dismissal in the auditorium.
· Coach Dell through our partnership with Wellness in the Schools is at recess and he supports organized play.
· At 10 am little yard is free and kindergarten teachers take students for another opportunity for some fresh air and play.
· Students always go out in all weather except rain and snow. Dress kids appropriately.
To support kindergarten classes:
School aids help in the morning ( they help with snack, recess, academics and transitions)
Our PTA funds are used for enrichment programs for all students K-8.
Please if you have any questions or concerns, please reach out to our PTA president, Maura and Abbey at email@example.com or Caren our parent coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org or Alison, our K representative.
From the Classroom
Big shout out to Marissa and Alice and their class for hosting our first town hall, our theme is pride. We listened a read aloud: I Like Myself. Students were wearing blue and white to show MSC pride (our school) colors. They shared a video on pride. What is something you are proud of and what are you proud of at MSC? It is on our website, take a look.
· First Field trip Friday First Friday Field Trip is Friday, October 6th. Please sign up to be a chaperone.
· Soon publishing celebrations are about to happen, please remember the celebration is about the work and students sharing with their families and not food.
· To build community with families, support your teacher by scheduling a pot luck where families bring food and the purpose is to mingle and get to know each other.