September 19, 2016
Exciting news! We have partnered with the New York Road Runners and have signed up for the mighty milers program. On Tuesday, September 20th, Paralympic Medalist Tatyana McFadden to Make Guest Appearance at New York Road Runners Youth Wheelchair Racing Clinic at our school. 25 NYRR Mighty Milers, able-bodied and students who move in different ways in 2nd-8th grade are participating in the clinic.
We are starting our partnership with Bloomingdale School of Music. We are offering cello and violin/viola after school.
Our school leadership team met. We reviewed the purpose of the school leadership team and reviewed the bylaws. The SLT is responsible for developing the school’s Comprehensive Educational Plan (CEP). The CEP development process requires teams to (1) use relevant data to assess and prioritize school needs, (2) set goals to meet school needs, (3) develop action plans to achieve goals, (4) implement action plans, (5) assess interim progress, and (6) evaluate overall plan effectiveness.
Please come to Chat with Claire on Tuesday, September 20th @ 8:45 in the auditorium. The PTA meeting will be joining. Simira, our new assistant principal and Kerry, a supervisor will be joining us.
What is Coming Up…
· Curriculum night is September 21st for K-5 from 6:00-7:00 and September 22nd: for 6-8 from 6:00-7:00.
· Our first Field trip Friday is October 7th. Volunteer for field trip is not first come first serve. The purpose is for all families to chaperone one trip a year.
· Please have your MSC ID out so you are ready to swipe. There are two entrances, the front and the door by the auditorium. To reduce crowds, please use both.
· Doors in the lobby open at 8:20. Please do not block the entrance. Please make sure the steps are clear so staff can enter.
· Please come to pick up your child on time. K is dismissed in the auditorium, 3-5 in the basement gym, 6-8 are dismissed in front of the building.
· This year we will start with “PRIDE” as a theme for Town Hall and then we will have 4 themes that span 2 months each, and end the year with “Legacy.” Please fill out the survey created by the school culture committee. Here is the link: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/SWDRJGJ