September 1, 2016
Dear 7th and 8th Grade Families,
This year, seventh and eighth grade students who have parental permission will be allowed to go off-site for lunch.
The seventh and eighth grade is granted this privilege for a number of reasons. Open lunch will help prepare the students for the privileges they will receive in high school, as well as the expectations that accompany these privileges. We are also aware that it is ultimately up to you, the parent, to decide if your child is ready for this responsibility. Please indicate which option you would like for child below.
The protocol for student lunch:
- Students will sign out in the main office and leave MSC for lunch
- The students will need to finish their lunch and be back for their next class by 12:20 (Food will not be permitted back in the classrooms after lunch.)
- Students cannot bring food into the cafeteria from the outside
- Students not permitted to leave MSC for lunch will continue to eat in the cafeteria, and will be expected to observe all rules and regulations of the cafeteria.
Students will be allowed to go purchase lunch within these boundaries:
From 93rd to 97th streets and from Broadway to Columbus Avenue
In addition, students who will be traveling off-campus for lunch must have cell phones, and must leave their phone number with their advisor in case MSC needs to contact them in the event of an emergency.
It is important to emphasize that eating off campus is a privilege that can, and will, be rescinded by staff for failure to comply with school rules and/or maintain their academic standing.
- Punctuality- On time to school everyday
- Passing all classes with 85% average or higher in every class
- Respectful to adults and peers in the MSC community