Parents – join us for MSC’s Progressive Approach to Education: A Curriculum Workshop Night on
Wednesday, Feb. 10th from 6:00 pm to 7:30 pm.
It’s an evening designed for parents to learn about English Language Arts (ELA), Math and Assessment topics -- across K -8th grades -- presented by our very own MSC Teachers. These sessions were put together in response to YOUR FEEDBACK via the December Parent Survey and sponsored by the SLT (School Leadership Team).
So mark you calendars, register - and join us on Feb. 10th! FREE CHILDCARE is being provided courtesy of Roads to Success. You must register for the childcare and we’d appreciate if you’d register for the WORKSHOPS so we can plan accordingly. Read on for more detail on the event.
Event Details: The program will begin in the auditorium with an opening address from Shael Suransky, President of Bank Street College of Education. Afterwards, Parents will move to classrooms to attend their choice of workshops. The full set of workshops will be delivered once from 6:30 pm. to 7:00 p.m. and then again from 7:00 p.m.– 7:30 p.m. This gives parents an opportunity to attend two sessions.
Current List of Workshops:
1. Understanding Reading Levels and Learning What They Mean (ELA, K-3) by Meredith McAssey
2. Building an Independent Reader (ELA, 6-8) by Stephanie Douglas
3. Understanding Engage NY Curriculum (Math, K-2) by Jessica Han, Gerri Ann Garrelick and Lindsey Simpson
4. Understanding Engage NY Curriculum (Math, 4-5) by Patti Kelly, Hilary Kaden
5. Understanding Connected Mathematics (6-8 Math) by Jeff Hamilton
6. How to use iLearn as a Window to Student Progress by Erin Moughon-Smith
7. What are Student-Centered Portfolios? By Elizabeth Sasson, Nancy Chen, Matthew Lyons
*Due to teacher availability: A workshop focusing on Science Curriculum K – 8 will be scheduled at a later date.
* NOTE: The MSC PTA meeting will be held at 5:30pm in the auditorium, prior to this event.
We look forward to seeing you there!
MSC’s School Leadership Team