Today's Blast Includes:
- First PTA General Meeting on Tuesday, Sept 29 @ 8:45 am in auditorium /Chat with Claire with PTA @ 8:45 am in auditorium
- Dates: PTA General Meetings & Executive Board Meetings
- September 28th: Middle School Fireside Chat (to connect 5th and 4th Grade Parents with a panel of MSC Middle School parents) @ 5:00 pm-6:30 pm in Auditorium
Annual Appeal Volunteers Needed: Wednesday, September 30th @ 8:45am
- CALLING ALL 2ND AND 3RD GRADERS... JOIN THE MSC LEGO LEAGUE!!!Prepare to become Waste Wise!!
- Music Theater Builders - MSC FAMILY 20% OFF offer
- October Lunch Menu for K-8
- September 28th: Middle School Fire side chat@ 5:00 pm in auditorium
- September 29th: Chat with Claire with PTA @ 8:45 am in auditorium
- October 2nd: MSC Half-Day (students are dismissed at 12:00)
First PTA General Meeting on Tuesday, Sept 29
The first PTA General Meeting of the 2015-2016 school year will be next Tuesday, September 29 at 8:45am in the Auditorium.
Meeting includes: new PTA board introductions, volunteer committee sign-up tables, and a Chat With Claire Lowenstein, our Principal. Coffee served at 8:30, meeting starts promptly at 8:45am. See you there!
PTA GENERAL MEETINGS
Tuesday September 29th at 8:45am in the Auditorium (Chat with Claire)
Tuesday October 13th at 5:30pm in the Auditorium
Wednesday November 18th at 8:45am location tbd
Tuesday December 8th at 8:45am in the Auditorium
Tuesday January 12th at 5:30pm in the Auditorium
Tuesday February 9th at 5:30pm in the Auditorium
Tuesday March 8th at 8:45am in the Auditorium
Monday April 11th at 8:45am in the Auditorium (Nominations)
Tuesday May 10th at 8:45am in the Auditorium (Elections)
Tuesday June 21st at 8:45am in the Auditorium (Chat with Claire and Transition Meeting)
All are welcome to attend our monthly PTA General meetings to learn about what is happening at MSC. There are lots of ways to be involved, with activities and events year round. To contact the Executive board: email@example.com.
PTA Executive Board Meetings
Tuesday September 22nd at 8:45am in Room 516
Tuesday October 6th at 8:45am in Room 516
Monday November 9th at 5:30pm in Room 516
Tuesday December 1st at 8:45am in Room 516
Tuesday January 5th at 5:30pm in Room 516
Tuesday February 2nd at 8:45am in Room 516
Tuesday March 1st at 5:30pm in Room 516
Monday April 4th at 8:45am in Room 516
Tuesday May 3rd at 5:30pm in Room 516
Tuesday June 7th at 8:45am in Room 516
All are welcome to attend the executive board meetings. We ask that you let the board know beforehand if there is a matter you wish to discuss. Please send an email firstname.lastname@example.org.
September 28th: Middle School Fireside Chat (to connect 5th and 4th Grade Parents with a panel of MSC Middle School parents) @ 5:00 pm-6:30 pm in Auditorium
MONDAY SEPTEMBER 28, 2015
5:00 – 6:30 pm
Listen ... As the panel of experienced MSC Middle School parents (and parents of MSC graduates who are now in high school) shares information, anecdotes, observations and reflections related to their, and their child/children's, experiences in MSC's Middle School
Ask... Get your questions answered in this intimate, parent-to-parent forum
** NOTE: Students in 5th and 4th Grade are welcome to accompany their parents to this event...And bring your own coffee!
Annual Appeal Volunteers Needed
Wednesday, September 30th @ 8:45am
Grab a friend and help us stuff, seal, address and stamp our Annual Appeal mailing in the cafeteria after drop-off on Wednesday. Bagels and coffee will be served. Please let us know you're coming by emailing email@example.com. Thank you!
Laurie Kuntz & Paulina Perera-Riveroll
CALLING ALL 2nd and 3rd GRADERS…JOIN THE
MSC LEGO LEAGUE!!!
Prepare to become Waste Wise!!
When:Thursdays from 3:15 – 4:30 (Oct. 1 - May 26)
Where: The MSC Greenhouse
The Challenge: Throwing something away is only the beginning! In the 2015 – 2016 WASTE WISE Challenge, team members will look at trash in a whole new way.From reducing, to reusing, to recycling, and beyond, find out what making trash really means.
Children Get To:
- Work in teams to design and build a challenge-related model using LEGO components
- Create a Show Me Poster and practice presentation skills
- Explore challenges facing today’s scientists
- Discover real-world math and science
- Begin developing teamwork skills
- Choose to participate in expose and showcases
- Engage in team activities guided by Jr. Lego League Core Values
How It Works:
- Teams of up to 6 children
- Schools, home schools, families, civic groups, churches, neighborhood groups, libraries
- Adult coaches and mentors
- Parents, grandparents, teachers, community volunteers
- New Challenge each year, based on real-world topic
Interested? Contact Barbara Hockstader at firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, October 2.
Music Theater Builders - MSC FAMILY 20% OFF offer