Photo day was a huge success! Big shout out to Charlene and Diane and all the volunteers who made the three days so great. We would like to thank Drape Kings (http://www.drapekings.com) for the backdrop drape donation. Drape Kings' donated services include delivery and pick up as well as the labor to set up and strike the pipe and drape. Big shout out to Angela for her gracious interaction with Drape Kings to acquire the donation.
An excellent way to get involved at MSC is to volunteer during recess. If you are interested in getting involved, please fill out sign up on our website www.ps333.org, your help is greatly appreciated! Recess volunteers meet in the yard on nice days and in the gym on rainy days.
From the Classroom
Congratulations to our grade delegates! This is a big responsibility. Wendy and I met with the delegates and created the final rules for the school. The rules will be presented at the November town halls.
The Delegates are:
Kindergarten: Penny and Charlie
1st Grade: Jillian and Katherine
2nd Grade: Ella and Seamus
3rd Grade: Lena and Vivian
4th Grade: Cyrus and Ava
5th Grade: Sarah and Parker
6th Grade: Ian and Marin
7th Grade: Nate and William
8th Grade: Equem, Destin, and Marsela
Every 2nd Wednesday of the month, our delegates will meet with me to discuss and implement plans to help everyone follow the school wide rules, and how to strengthen MSC community.
School Wide Rules:
Golden Rule: Treat others the way you want to be treated
Be brave and responsible while making mistakes
Try your hardest, but have fun
Respect your surroundings and follow the golden rule
Our varsity volleyball team won at home this past week. Big shout out to the girls and Karen G!
Family Conferences & Progress Reports
Starting this year, we are using the NYCDOE STARS Progress Reports.
K-5: The first scheduled parent / teacher conferences will be the week of November 2nd (note: Tuesday is Election Day and no school). The goal is for all families to have a family conference.
· Teachers will have a sign-up sheet outside their classroom for families to sign up.
· Evening Session Conference is Wednesday, November 4th.
· Half day afternoon conference is Thursday, November 5th. Students in K-5 are dismissed at 12:00.
6th Grade: The first scheduled parent / teacher conferences will be the week of November 17th. Families will be signing up for an appointment through sign up genius. The link will be shared soon.
- Evening Conference - Wednesday, November 19th from 5:30-8:00
- Afternoon Conference -Thursday, November 20th from 12:30-3:00 -This is a half-day for grades 6-8 and students are dismissed at noon.
7th & 8th: The first scheduled parent / teacher conferences will be the week of November 17th. Families will be signing up for an appointment through sign up genius. The link will be shared soon.
- Afternoon Conference - Tuesday, November 17th from 12:30-3:00 -This is a half-day for grades 6-8 and students are dismissed at noon.
- Evening Conference - Wednesday, November 18th from 5:30-8:00
- Afternoon Session – November 24th: 3:00-4:05
- Afternoon Session – Tuesday, December 1st: 3:00-4:05
- Afternoon Session- December 4th (It is an MSC half day, students are dismissed at noon).
Please remember that, in order to ensure a safe learning environment, alarms have been installed on all of the 14 exit doors in our building, with the exception of the front doors. All staff and families must enter and exit only through the front door. Alarms will sound when using any other door in the building.
Please remind your children it is unsafe and dangerous to hang, climb and/or play on the scaffolding surrounding our building.
October 26th: Annual Appeals Phone A Thon
October 27th: Chat with Claire @ 6:00 pm in cafeteria
November 3rd: Election Day, No school for students
November 4th: K-5 Evening Family Conferences
November 5th: K-5 Afternoon Conferences, K-5 students dismissed at 12:00.
November 6th: MSC half-day, students dismissed at 12:00.