Today's Blast Includes
- TOMORROW: MSC Half-Day (Students are dismissed at 12:00)
- Climate Odyssey On The Hudson
- Parent Volunteer with Book-Leveling Expertise Needed
- First Inclusivity and Diversity Committee - Wednesday, October 14th at 8:45 am in room 516
- Link: Roads To Success Newsletter
Important Updates This Week
- Friday, October 2nd: MSC Half-Day (students are dismissed at 12:00)
- October 6th: PTA Executive Board Meeting @ 8:45 in 516
- October 7th: SLT @ 3:15 in room 519
- October 13th: PA General Meeting @ 5:30 in auditorium
- October 13th, PA General Meeting plus SLT Workshop #1 (Partnership Mixer). Note new time and location: 6:00 p.m. in the Greenhouse (3rd floor).
- October 14th: IDC Meeting @ 8:45 in room 516
Climate Odyssey On The Hudson
Lucy Holtsnider and Zion Klos visited MSC and shared two lessons combining their interest in art and science with 5th, 6th, and 7th graders on Wednesday.
Lucy uses art to help students explore what it means to experience a sense of place, with the goal of creating a personal connection to their home and therefore a reason to protect it. Zion shares basic climate change projections and what impacts and adaptation strategies are relevant to New York City. They asked the students to envision adaptation strategies of their own.
They had a great time sharing the details of coming changes and an interest in keeping their unique home safe and sustainable.
Lucy and Zion are sailing from Wisconsin to the Bahamas as part of their research into climate change. Check out their website and read more about their project, it's very exciting!
Click here to view more photos
Tomorriw is MSC Half-Day.
Students are dismissed at 12PM.
Parent Volunteer with Book-Leveling Expertise Needed
The MSC Book Room needs a parent volunteer to level K-5th grade books! If you are a current or former K-5 teacher, a literacy specialist, children's librarian, education specialist, or special education expert, please donate some time to the Book Room. We have hundreds of great books not classified in the Fountas and Pinnell (F&P) Leveling system that are waiting to be leveled A to Z.
Email us at MSC.BOOKROOM@GMAIL.COM, or stop by Room 600 Mondays, Wednesdays, or Fridays from 8:45am to 12:00 noon.
First Inclusivity and Diversity Committee
Wednesday, October 14th at 8:45 AM in Room 516
We will be having the first Inclusivity and Diversity Committee (IDC) meeting of the year on Wednesday, October 14th at 8:45 am in room 516.
Please join us, old and new friends, to learn more about what our committee does to help foster a warm, welcoming, inclusive and diverse community here at MSC. All are welcome. New initiatives are welcome.
If you have any questions or any items to add to the agenda, please send an email to Rachel at email@example.com
Looking forward to a productive, fun year together!
Brigit, Jane, Marisol, Rachel and Yasmin