Today's Blast Includes
- TOMORROW: Scarsdale Strings after-school rock band class starts tomorrow. More information below.
- TOMORROW: MSC Book Room Volunteer Welcome Meeting, Friday, October 9 at 8:45am
- Attention: 8th Grade Parents - High School applications have arrived!
- Introductory Class Parenting meeting on Tuesday, October 13, 8:45am in room 600
- New Location: Next PA Meeting combined with the Partnership and Families Mixer (Now starting in the Greenhouse!)
- First Inclusivity and Diversity Committee - Wednesday, October 14th at 8:45 am in room 516
- Reminder: If you haven't already, please turn in your Emergency Contact Forms to your teacher as soon as possible! If lost, click here for the emergency contact form.
Important Updates This Week
- October 13th: PA General Meeting plus SLT Workshop #1 (Partnership Mixer). Note new time and location: 6:00 p.m. in the Greenhouse (3rd floor)
- October 14th: IDC Meeting @ 8:45 in room 516
- October 20th-22nd: Photo Days, schedule will be coming
Scarsdale Strings Rock Band Class
Students learn basic guitar, percussion skills, and singing while working in groups to perform basic rock music pieces. Students play in several configurations or groups and have the opportunity to learn skills on all instruments. Emphasis is placed on basic technique and self-expression. If desired, students will learn basic song- and lyric-construction skills and write their own pieces.
Class starts tomorrow: October 9, 2015 - January 8, 2016
Days / Times: Fridays, 3:00 - 4:00 PM
Semester Cost: $210
TO REGISTER: Interested families can call 914-269-7946.
For more information about the Scarsdale Strings program, please click here.
Attention 8th Grade Parents
The high school applications have are arrived! They are being distributed to the students today and will be due back to school by December 1st. If you have any questions please feel free to contact me directly at email@example.com.
Introductory Class Parenting meeting on Tuesday, October 13, 8:45am in room 600
MSC Book Room Volunteer Welcome Meeting, Friday, October 9 at 8:45am
The MSC Book Room invites all volunteers - experienced and newbies - to a welcome meeting this Friday, October 9, at 8:45am in Room 600. Please come to view our collection first-hand, meet our dedicated parent Coordinating Committee, and learn how you can get involved. We look forward to working with you!
Can't make the meeting? Email us at MSC.BOOKROOM@GMAIL.COM, or stop by Room 600 Mondays, Tuesdays, or Fridays from 8:45am to 12:00 noon
New Location: Next PA Meeting combined with the Partnership and Families Mixer (Now starting in the Greenhouse!)
Come have fun in the Greenhouse!
Attend the evening PA Meeting on October 13th and stay for the MSC Partnership and Families Mixer. The event starts at 6:00 p.m. in the Greenhouse! The mixer will take place on the 3rd floor!
Get to know our partners!
Meet the wonderful academic partners we have thanks to The Friends of MSC and the generosity of our families.
- iZone 360
- Lincoln Center Institute
- NY Sun Works
- Roads to Success
- Scarsdale Strings
- Teacher’s College Reading and Writing Program
- Urban Advantage
- Wellness in the Schools
- Sing and Learn with Stacie
Bring your kids!
Childcare by Roads to Success and pizza provided to the those who RSVP (space is limited)
Please RSVP by next Monday to MSCSchoolLeadershipTeam@gmail.com
Tuesday, October 13th
PA Meeting will start promptly at 6:00 p.m. Mixer immediately following.
The Greenhouse, 3rd Floor
First Inclusivity and Diversity Committee
Wednesday, October 14th at 8:45 AM in Room 516
We will be having the first Inclusivity and Diversity Committee (IDC) meeting of the year on Wednesday, October 14th at 8:45 am in room 516.
Please join us, old and new friends, to learn more about what our committee does to help foster a warm, welcoming, inclusive and diverse community here at MSC. All are welcome. New initiatives are welcome.
If you have any questions or any items to add to the agenda, please send an email to Rachel at firstname.lastname@example.org
Looking forward to a productive, fun year together!
Brigit, Jane, Marisol, Rachel and Yasmin