NATIONAL JUNIOR HONOR SOCIETY
Manhattan School for Children is a chartered and affiliated chapter of the prestigious National Junior Honor Society. Membership is open students who meet the required standards in five areas of evaluation: scholarship, leadership, service, citizenship, and character.
Students are eligible for membership based on the following criteria:
- An average of 85% or above for 2 consecutive marking periods in each class.
- Completion of a Community Service Project
- Demonstrates outstanding record of conduct and behavior w/ regards to school and community rules.
- 5 or less days absent without explanation.
- Less than 10 days late without explanation.
- 3 teacher recommendations