September 11, 2017
These past two days have been so wonderful! I have enjoyed greeting many of you. Thank you to all the students who walked into the building smiling; hugging me, giving high fives! This was the best way to start the school year.
We had a smooth and successful school opening! During my visits to classrooms, students and families were talking, bonding and so happy to be back at school.
Please note. Due to the exterior construction work, the little yard will not be available after school hours. We know this is not welcomed news, but it is imperative that we keep everyone safe during construction. The plan is to give the workers as much time as possible to finish the project. Since construction cannot take place during the school day, it is in our best interest to allow them as much time as possible so that they can wrap construction as fast as possible. We will continue to keep you posted on developments, but if you have any questions about this project, please reach out to Tatiana THoover2@schools.nyc.gov.
What is Coming Up…
· Curriculum night is September 13th for K-5 from 6:00-7:00 and September 26th: for 6-8 from 6:00-7:00.
· Please have your MSC ID out so you are ready to swipe. There are two entrances, the front and the door by the auditorium. To reduce crowds, please use both.
· Doors in the lobby open at 8:20. Please do not block the entrance. Please make sure the steps are clear so staff can enter.
· Please come to pick up your child on time. K is dismissed in the auditorium, 3-5 in the basement gym, 6-8 are dismissed in front of the building.
· If you are late in picking up your child, he/she will be waiting in the auditorium with our staff.
· Once dismissed, students/families must exit the building. Adults and students are not allowed to return upstairs. Please keep that in mind and remind your child to bring her/his belongings downstairs at the end of the day.
· Please come to Chat with Claire on September 19th @ 8:45 in the auditorium. This will be a joint meeting with the PTA.