September 13, 2016
Thank you to all the families and staff that came to the welcome back picnic. It was well attended and everyone was so happy to be back. Big thanks to our PTA and the volunteers who made the event such a success. Our kindergarten play date was also amazing, filled with new families and students. Big thanks to our welcome committee for planning and organizing.
We had a smooth and successful school opening! During my visits to classrooms, students and families were smiling and happy to be back. I asked many students how the first two days were and their answers were: fun, organized, great, exciting, all positive.
Our School Culture Committee is hoping to find new ways to incorporate the home school connection with Town Hall. Last year we tried out having monthly themes. This year we will start with “PRIDE” again, and then we will have 4 themes that span 2 months each, and end the year with “Legacy.” Please fill out the survey created by the committee so we can include the voices of our families in deciding on which themes are most important. Thank you in advance for your support. Here is the link: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/SWDRJGJ
What is Coming Up…
· Curriculum night is September 21st for K-5 from 6:00-7:00 and September 22nd: for 6-8 from 6:00-7:00.
· Our first Field trip Friday is October 7th. Please sign up with your teacher to be a chaperone.
· Please have your MSC ID out so you are ready to swipe. There are two entrances, the front and the door by the auditorium. To reduce crowds, please use both.
· Doors in the lobby open at 8:20. Please do not block the entrance. Please make sure the steps are clear so staff can enter.
· Please come to pick up your child on time. K is dismissed in the auditorium, 3-5 in the basement gym, 6-8 are dismissed in front of the building.
· Please come to Chat with Claire on September 20th @ 8:45 in the auditorium. The PTA meeting will be joining. Simira, our new assistant principal and Kerry, a supervisor will be joining us.