Today's Blast Includes
- Pie Pick Up Info
- Scholastic Book Fair at MSC, Dec 7th - 11th
- The SLT (School Leadership Team) is looking for volunteers to form a Foreign Language Committee *Corrected Email Address*
- Recipe: Roasted Vegetable Salad with an Apple Cider Vinaigrette
- Please note: beginning Monday, November 30, emails from the PTA will be sent out on Mondays and Thursdays only. There will no longer be a daily email blast. Be sure to check your emails twice a week for important announcements from the PTA.
- Please remember that, in order to ensure a safe learning environment, alarms have been installed on all of the 14 exit doors in our building, with the exception of the front doors. All families must enter and exit only through the front door. As always, the accessible door is by the auditorium ( push the buzzer, and access will be granted). Alarms will sound when using any other door in the building.
PIE PICK UP INFO
For those of you who ordered pies from the PTA: the pies will be available for pick up in the school lobby on Tuesday at dismissal and again on Wednesday drop off and dismissal. Please remember to pick up your pie!
Scholastic Book Fair at MSC, Dec 7th - 11th
Scholastic Book Fair will be in the Lobby the week of December 7 to 11!
Come buy books for everyone on your holiday list, and for your MSC readers.
Hours this year are:
Morning hours: Dec 7, 9, 11, 8:30am to 11:30am
Afternoon hours: Dec 8, 10, 2:30pm to 5:30pm
This is a fundraiser for our school - each $1 spend on books or other fair items earns 25 cents for MSC!
Email questions, or to volunteer, to: MSC.BOOKROOM@GMAIL.COM
See you there!!
The SLT (School Leadership Team) is looking for volunteers to form a Foreign Language Committee
The SLT is looking for interested MSC Community Members to form a Foreign Language Committee modeled on last year's successful Music Committee. The goal of the Foreign Language Committee is to work closely with Claire and the SLT to research potential foreign language partnerships and help formulate a three year plan with the goal of enhancing our foreign language offerings within the school day. Detailed guidelines and parameters will be shared with those who think that might like to join or lead this committee.
If you think you might be interested, please email the School Leadership Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
RECIPE: Roasted Vegetable Salad with an Apple Cider Vinaigrette
Some parents asked for Chef Dean Sheremet's recipe. He made it with K&1 on harvest day last Thursday.
Roasted Vegetable Salad with an Apple Cider Vinaigrette
2 heads bibb lettuce, chopped
1 butternut squash, diced
3 carrots, diced
1 head cauliflower, cut into florets
¼ cup olive oil
2 apples, diced
Salt and pepper, to taste
¼ cup Apple cider vinegar
Juice of 1 lemon
¼ cup Maple syrup
¼ cup Honey
1 Tablespoon Dijon mustard
¾ cup olive oil
Fresh black pepper
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Place all cut vegetables on a sheet pan and mix with olive oil, salt and pepper. Roast for 15-20 minutes until vegetables are fork tender and slightly browned.
Set aside and cool at room temperature. Mix vegetables, once at room temperature, and apples, with the lettuce.
For the dressing: Whisk everything together to form a thick dressing, set aside. (I love to use an old jam jar, add all the ingredients and shake it well to combine)
Pour some dressing onto the salad and toss together.