STORYTELLING FOR SOCIAL CHANGE & STORYTELLING TROUPE APPLICATION 2015
Mary Ann and Megan are starting a MSC Storytelling Troupe with a small group of 3rd to 8th graders. We will focus on diversity appreciation. While we have come along way in eliminating discrimination because of culture, religion, gender or physical abilities, there are still prejudices in our world. Stories can help deepen our awareness and appreciation of our differences and our commonalities. We will meet on Fridays at 8:30am.
Storytelling Troupe Activities Will Include:
To become a member of MSC storytelling Troupe you must:
- Reading and discussing stories to tell
- Finding stories that embody diversity appreciation
- Playing theatre games to develop storytelling skills
- Working with MSC’s Inclusiveness and Diversity Committee to reach out to underrepresented preschools in our neighborhood to promote our school
- Have a passion for fair treatment and appreciation of everyone.
- Have a passion for storytelling and LOVE telling stories.
- Have permission from teachers and parents to participate.
- Be able to tell at least one story from start to finish.
- Complete the 2 page application below and on the back and place it in Mary Ann’s mailbox in the main office by Friday, January 23, 2015.
Rate your strengths: 1= Novice, 2= Beginner, 3= Knowledgeable, 4= Expert
Appreciating Diversity 1 2 3 4
Analyzing Stories 1 2 3 4
Remembering Stories 1 2 3 4
Telling Stories 1 2 3 4
Include evidence for each of the above strengths:
CLICK HERE FOR STORYTELLING TROUPE APPLICATION 2015