WELLNESS IN THE SCHOOLS
Wellness in the Schools (WITS) is a non-profit, community-based organization founded in 2005 by a group of concerned public school parents. WITS inspires healthy eating, environmental awareness and fitness as a way of life. WITS is certified as a vendor, endorsed by the NYC Board of Education and supported by private donations and corporate grants. WITS operates Coach for Kids and Cook for Kids in more than 25 New York City public schools, serving over 20,000 students.
SCHOOL MEALS APPLICATION
- Many students are eligible for free meals. To find out if your child qualifies, return a completed paper application (instructions included) to our school or fill out their application online: click here.
- It takes just a few minutes to apply and only one application needs to be completed for all children (K-8) living in your household.
- Say yes to delicious and healthy school meals and complete your child’s application today. Completing it helps secure State funding for your child’s school.
- If you have questions regarding the 2014-2015 Application for Free and Reduced-Price Meals contact SchoolFood's Help Desk at 877.363.6325.
- Your privacy is important to us. All information is kept confidential. Federal regulations do not allow the Department of Education to share your information with any other agency.
BREAKFAST AND LUNCH MEAL PRICES
Each school day New York City students are able to enjoy FREE breakfast and affordable lunch meals. Students who do not return an application and/or are not eligible for a free or reduced-price meal will pay $1.75. And, students who qualify for a reduced-price meal now receive lunch for FREE, down from the $0.25 that had been charged.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- If you are interested in getting school lunch for your child and applying mid-year, please email email@example.com.
- For Kindergarten and 1st Grade lunch, please click here.
- Billing for school lunch occurs once every three months. They are sent in January, March and June.
- If your child would like to buy school lunches on some days, but it's not always the same days each week. We take a tally of students and the number of times they eat lunch (in the cafeteria) each day. If you know how many times (more or less) your child will eat lunch during the month, you can prepay that amount. If you don't know, every 3 months, we will send you a note with the number of times your child has eaten lunch and ask for payment then.
- 7th and 8th students that do not go out for lunch MUST eat in the cafeteria. Students do not pay by the day. If a child wants to eat school lunch, they'll stand in line and let us know their name and class.