KINDERGARTEN ADMISSIONS FOR 2017-2018
APPLYING TO MSC
We are a District 3, K-8 lottery school. We are not a zoned school. In a lottery school, parents fill out a form and the school holds a random drawing. Students who are selected in the lottery may choose to enroll in the school or decline the offer. Students who are not selected go on a randomly-ordered waiting list. Please do not call or stop by for information regarding your application. Calls regarding the lottery are too numerous to return and we simply cannot meet with those who stop by. Your patience is greatly appreciated!
District 3 covers the West Side of Manhattan from 59th Street to 122nd Street. For District 3 Contacts and more information, click here. To find your district, zoned school, and Community-Based Early Childhood Center, click here. Instructions to find your zoned school, click here. We do encourage families outside of District 3 to apply but please note that applications, although randomly selected, are prioritized in the following order: MSC Sibling Applications, District 3 Applications, and then outside district applications.
APPLYING FOR CURRENT YEAR 2016-2017
Our school does not have any open seats in any grade at this time. Please note that during the school year, families do not often withdraw their kids from enrollment.
Kindergarten Wait-list Information
- Information on the wait-list: Please email, Tatiana Hoover at THoover2@schools.nyc.gov
- If families that are accepted to MSC decline a seat, we will contact the next family from our wait-list.
Kindergarten Registration Info
- If you've received an offer letter, you MUST sign up for an appointment here: CLICK HERE
- Pre-registration starts Wednesday, March 15 & ends Friday, April 7 for the first round.
- Pre-registration will be every day EXCEPT FOR TUESDAY from 8:30-9:30AM (6 families per day).
- Please bring a photo ID to sign in with security at the lobby.
- Please bring your child that will be attending MSC. One of our teachers, Katy, must meet with your child to do the intake for the Home Language Identification Survey.
- Appointments will be held on the 5th floor in the Main Office (Room 516).
- You MUST bring: your offer letter, TWO proofs of address, your child's birth certificate and an immunization record.
- Click here to sign up for our mailing list for next year! Please sign up for our mailing list as soon as possible just in case we need to contact you about any Kindergarten news and updates.
- You will be asked to fill out some forms. However, if you would like to fill some in advance, please view them below:
- Admissions/Discharge/Transfer Form
- Child and Adolescent Health Examination Form
- Cumulative Record
- Emergency Contact Information, Walking Field Trip Permission, Dismissal and Afterschool Routines, Health Information 2017-18
- Federal Parent/Guardian Student Ethnic & Race Identification
- Photo/Video Consent Form
- Residency Questionnaire
- Parent Volunteer Form
- MSC PHOTO ID CARD FOR NEXT YEAR: For safety reasons, to enter the building, all parents, guardians, or anyone that may be picking up your child are required to have a school issued ID card. To receive your ID card, please email email@example.com with the subject "Kindergarten ID Card 2017-18" and with the following information: your name, your photo (selfie), your child's name
Update on the Kindergarten Admissions processes for the 2017-2018 school year.
- Kindergarten Admissions: All children born in 2012 who live in New York City are eligible to apply to kindergarten for the 2017–18 school year. The application period will begin on November 30. The deadline for families to submit an application is January 13. Like last year, families can apply to kindergarten online, over the phone, or in person at a Family Welcome Center. For information about the admissions process as well as action items for principals’ and school staff throughout the year, please review the 2017 Kindergarten Admissions Guidelines.
- Kindergarten Directories: Kindergarten directories have been posted on the Elementary School Resources page; printed copies of the directory will be delivered to all schools in the coming weeks.
MSC KINDERGARTEN TOUR DATES
We do not offer tours after December 22. A tour is not required in order to apply.
Please do not call or stop by for information regarding your application. Calls regarding the lottery are too numerous to return and we simply cannot meet with those who stop by. Your patience is greatly appreciated!
HOW TO APPLY TO KINDERGARTEN
Families with children who will enter kindergarten during the 2017–18 school year should apply to kindergarten online, over the phone, or in person at a Family Welcome Center. This year their application will launch - TBA.
You can apply to kindergarten from (DATE TBA) in one of three ways:
Interpretation services are available in over 200 languages for the over-the-phone and in-person options.